Create and edit scenes
The Scene Editor’s UI
The Scene Editor is where you create or import all assets making up your 3D scenes (geometries, textures, materials, cameras, lights, animations, etc.) and tweak their properties. To access the Scene Editor’s view, double-click on one of the scene’s cards in the Scenes and Sequences view.
The Scene Editor view is divided into five main areas:
- The Viewport in the center of the view where the content of the scene is displayed.
- The Tool Bar, to the right of the viewport (in the default layout) from which you will be able to create new objects such as geometry primitives, lights or cameras.
- The Property Editor: to the far right of the view. It is the panel where all the properties the object currently selected are displayed.
- The Import Panel and the Scene Graph panel to the left of the viewport. These panels can be hidden. The import panel will automatically show up when you import an asset into a scene (geometry, animation, textures, etc). The Scene Graph displays the content of a scene as a tree structure.
- The Scene Timeline below the viewport. It allows a user to scroll through the scene animation.
PocketStudio currently uses Maya-like shortcuts to navigate the Viewport in 3D. The ability to customize the 3D-viewport navigation controls is planned.
- Tumble: alt + LMB
- Track: alt + MMB
- Dolly: mouse wheel button or alt + RMB
To frame an object, select the object you want to the frame in the Viewport then press the f key. Framing an object will set the camera’s target point to the center of that objet’s bounding box, allowing you to move the camera more easily around that object.
- Undo/Redo: z, ctrl + z
- Frame a selected object: f
- Move gizmo: q
- Rotate gizmo: w
- Scale gizmo: e
- Group selected objects: g
- Ungroup objects: ctrl + g
- Display render settings: F1
- Switch between preview and high-quality rendering mode (RTX): F2
- Show render passes: F4
- To swap between world and object space (rotation tool) : F8
- Adjust the angle of view of the current camera: ctrl + LMB
- Set a camera focal distance (depth of field): shift + RMB
- Display scene info (Head Up Display HUD): x
- Show selected objects: alt + LMB on the root node
- Expand all the hierarchy in a node: shift + LMB on the node
- Navigate the graph up and down: left and right arrows
- Select a node’s parent or child: up and down arrows