Create and edit scenes
The Scene Editor’s UI
The Scene Editor is where you create or import all assets making up your 3D scenes (geometries, textures, materials, cameras, lights, animations, etc.) and tweak their properties. To access the Scene Editor’s view, double-click on one of the scene’s cards in the Scenes and Sequences view.
The Scene Editor view is divided into five main areas:
- The Viewport in the center of the view where the content of the scene is displayed.
- The Tool Bar, to the right of the viewport (in the default layout) from which you will be able to create new objects such as geometry primitives, lights or cameras.
- The Property Editor: to the far right of the view. It is the panel where all the properties the object currently selected are displayed.
- The Import Panel and the Scene Graph panel to the left of the viewport. These panels can be hidden. The import panel will automatically show up when you import an asset into a scene (geometry, animation, textures, etc). The Scene Graph displays the content of a scene as a tree structure.
- The Scene Timeline below the viewport. It allows a user to scroll through the scene animation.
PocketStudio currently uses Maya-like shortcuts to navigate the Viewport in 3D. The ability to customize the 3D-viewport navigation controls is planned.
- Tumble (move around): alt +
- Track (move left/right, up/down): alt +
- Dolly (move forward/backward): mouse wheel button or alt +
Tp framing objects to the viewprt, select the objects you want to frame in the Viewport then press the f key. Framing using the f key locks the camera’s center of interest to the selected object’s pivot.
When the objet’s pivot is far from the object itself, it can become difficult to get close to the geometry. When this happens, right click on the surface of the object itself while pressing ctrl and shift at the same time. The point on the surface of the object that you clicked on will then become the camera’s new center of interest (instead of the object’s pivot).
- Undo/Redo: ctrl + Z, ctrl + Y
- Frame a selected object: f or ctrl + shift + (see above)
- Move gizmo: q
- Rotate gizmo: w
- Scale gizmo: e
- Hide/Unhide objects in the scene: ctrl + H, shift + H
- Group selected objects: g
- Ungroup objects: ctrl + g
- Display render settings: F1
- Switch between preview and high-quality rendering mode (RTX): F2
- Show render passes: F4
- To swap between world and object space (rotation tool) : F8
- Adjust the angle of view/focal length of the current camera: ctrl +
- Set the camera focal distance (depth of field): shift +
- Display scene info (Head Up Display HUD): X
- Expand all the hierarchy levels of a node: shift + on the node
- Navigate the graph up and down: left and right arrows
- Select a node’s parent or child: up and down arrows