Limitations and Version History
This is a list of small features or limitations that are likely to be addressed in the very short term. It doesn’t provide information on the features that the next major versions of PocketStudio will have.
- Parenting objects in the scene graph is currently not possible
- Bounding boxes of objects animated with a skeleton are not computed properly, making the framing of these objects difficult.
- The existing color picker tool is just a placeholder.
- Blendshapes have been temporarily disabled
- Inviting someone to a project using an email address is currently disabled
- Resolution in the video export panel is disabled
- The name of the file in the video export panel is not preserved
- Data cannot be filtered by type (geo, textures, lights, cameras, etc.) when the content of a file is imported.
- Surfaces are single surface shaded in the raster mode. This can’t be changed at the moment.
- When switching from a camera placed in the scene to the viewport camera, the viewport camera keeps the settings of the camera that was previously selected. The viewport camera settings can’t be reset. The work around is to create a new camera with default settings, select this camera then move back to the viewport camera.
- Clicking on the sky to access the procedural sky settings only works in the viewport/default perspective camera mode.
- Pressing tab to go from one text field to the next doesn’t work
- Changing the value of the a number using a mouse/key combination is currently not implemented
- Selecting a text field to change its value is just painful.
- The only solution at the moment to assign a new material to an object is to drag & drop a blank material file on that object.
- If a FBX file contains several takes, the longest one is imported (the other ones are ignored).
- The AR app is not yet available through Google Play.
- The application needs to be removed (uninstalled) before installing a new version.
- Skeletal animations is currently the only kind of animation that can be played on the phone.