Installing and Upgrading
PocketStudio comes as a desktop application (running on Windows) and a mobile app (for Android).
- Desktop: is used to create and edit projects.
- Mobile: can let you access your 3D scenes and record them using augmented reality.
Expand the accordion below to view installation instructions for your chosen platform.
- OS: Windows 10
- GPU: RTX Nvidia card recommended
- Internet: 100+ Mbps recommended
- CPU: 4+ cores
- RAM: 8+ GB
- Vulkan 1.2+
For the best experience, we recommend that you install the latest drivers for your GPU before running PocketStudio.
- Download the installer from PocketStudio’s website.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions from the setup dialog. By default the binaries are installed in
C:\Program Files\PocketStudioand the default folder for the projects data storage is
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PocketStudio. Make sure there is enough space in this location to store your projects’ data (50 GiB minimum recommended).
- Run the launcher (double click on the application’s icon).
- Sign up (first time users). Because PocketStudio is a collaborative application, the server needs to know who you are. In order to do so, you either need to sign up if this is the first time you use the solution or sign in if you are already registered. After signing up, an e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address. You will need to click on the link in the e-mail to complete the creation of your account.
- Sign in with your username and password.
Upgrades to PocketStudio’s desktop application happen automatically. Each time you launch the app, the launcher checks to see if you are up to date. If there is an update, it will be downloaded and installed. You may need to re-launch the app after the update is complete.
To find which version of PocketStudio you are running, see the FAQ.
The mobile app does not currently auto-update. When you open the app a check will be performed to see if your app is up to date, and you will be prompted to manually update the app. You must first uninstall the version you have. We will be streamlining this process soon.