Get started with PocketStudio
Installing and Upgrading
PocketStudio comes as a desktop application (running on Windows or Linux) and a mobile app. The desktop application is the main application. It is used to create and edit projects. The mobile app is an add-on; it will allow you to create virtual cameras for the 3D scenes of your projects using augmented reality.
If a new version of PocketStudio is available, it will be automatically downloaded and installed when you launch the application. Auto-upgrading is necessary to guarantee that the version of the application you run on your desktop or mobile is in synch with the version of PocketStudio running on the server.
If you want to know which version of PocketStudio you run, see FAQ & Troubleshooting.
- OS: Windows 10
- RAM: 8+ GB
- GPU: RTX Nvidia card recommended
- CPU: 4+ cores
- Internet: 100+ Mbps recommended
- Download the installer from PocketStudio’s website.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions from the setup dialog. By default the binaries are installed in XX and the default folder for the projects data storage is XX.
- Run the launcher (double click on the application’s icon on the desktop for example).
- Sign up (first time users). Because PocketStudio is a collaborative application, the server needs to know who you are. In order to do so, you either need to sign up if this is the first time you use the solution or sign in if you are already registered. After signing up, an e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address. Click on the link contained in that e-mail to complete the creation of your account.
- Sign in with your username and password.
How do I know which version of PocketStudio I run?
Auto-upgrade failed, why? What can I do to fix the problem?
Windows will block the installer from writing to the location where the application is installed if another instance of the application is already running.
Close all instance of PocketStudio and any File Explored that would be opened on that location. Then restart the launcher. The process of upgrading the application should now go to completion.