Create, share and manage projects
Create, Share and Manage Projects
After you have signed in, you will be redirected to the PocketStudio Projects view. This is the workspace from which you will be able to create, edit and more generally manage all your projects.
To create a new project in PocketStudio:
- Go to the Project view: if you just signed in, PocketStudio will be opened on the Projects view. If a project is already opened, use the breadcrumbs to navigate back to the Projects view.
- Create a new project: from the Projects view, click on the icon. A new project will be added to your project list in the form of a blank card.
- Edit the project’s name: renaming a project is similar to renaming a file in any file browser. Click on the name of the project at the bottom of the card, and wait for the text to become editable then enter the project’s new name.
- Add an image to the project’s card: you can customize your project by adding an image to the card. To do so, drag and drop an image (in PNG or JPG format) stored on your computer onto the card.
To open a project double click on the project’s card.
Can’t open a project? if the dynamic allocation of resources on the cloud that is required to let you work on your project failed, you will have to wait 15 seconds before your can try to open it again.
To delete a project, select the project you want to delete, then click on theicon (trash bin). Shared projects can only be deleted by their owners.
To share a project with others:
- Go to the Projects view: if you just signed in, PocketStudio will be opened on the Projects view. If a project is already opened, use the breadcrumbs to navigate back to the Projects view.
- Select the project you wish to share: from the Projects view, click on the card of the project you wish to share to select it.
- Share: with the project’s card selected, click on the icon. The Share modal window will pop up. Type the name of the user you wish to add to the project. Then click on the DONE button.
As you type the name of a user, a list of auto-suggested records for multiple users marching the text your typed in may appear. These instant results let you quickly access a user’s name. For confidentiality reasons, this feature will be soon removed.
To remove a person from the project: open the Share modal window and click onto the right of the user’s name you wish to remove form the project.
Can I manage a user’ sharing permissions? Not yet but it will be added soon.