PocketStudio for mobile
Install PocketStudio for Mobile
With the PocketStudio mobile application you can use augmented reality to record virtual cameras within your 3D scenes.
Currently, you have to manually remove old versions of PocketStudio from your device before installing a new one.
The PocketStudio mobile app requires an Android (8.1 or higher) device compatible with ARCore. To check whether your Android phone is compatible with ARCore see the list of ARCore compatible devices provided by Google.
The iOS application is not yet available.
Installing PocketStudio for mobile through Google Play is not yet available.
To install the PocketStudio app on your Android device, do as follows:
- Check that your Android phone is compatible with ARCore.
- Install Google Play Services for AR from Google Play to get ARCore.
- Remove the old PocketStudio application if an old version is already installed.
- Download PocketStudio for mobile from pocketstudio.io. The file available on PocketStudio’s website is an APK file. Android Package (APK) is the package file format used by the Android operating system to distribute and install mobile apps.
- Open the APK file and follow the instructions.
- PocketStudio app’s icon should now appear on one of the phone’s desktops (generally the last one).
Launching the app
- Launch the application by tapping on its icon.
- The first time you launch the app, it will ask you to access the phone’s storage and camera.
- You should then see the application login screen. Enter your username and password then click the login button. If you are connected to the Internet, the application will connect to the server and show you the list of projects you have access to next.