PocketStudio for mobile
Install PocketStudio for Mobile
Currently you have to remove old versions of PocketStudio before installing a new one.
The PocketStudio mobile application use augmented reality to let you record the 3D scenes of your projects.
The PocketStudio mobile app requires an Android phone compatible with ARCore. The iOS version is not yet available. To check whether your Android phone is compatible with ARCore see the list of ARCore compatible devices provided by Google.
To install the PocketStudio app on your Android device do as follow:
- Check that your Android phone is compatible with ARCore.
- Install ARCore from Google Play.
- Remove the application if an old version is already installed.
- Download PocketStudio from pocketstudio.io. Note that PocketStudio for mobile is not yet directly accessible from Google Play. The file available on PocketStudio’s website is an APK file. Android Package (APK) is the package file format used by the Android operating system to distribute and install mobile apps.
- Open the APK file and follow the instructions.
- PocketStudio app’s icon should now appear on one of the phone’s desktops (generally the last one).
To check that the application is correctly installed and works properly do as follows:
- Launch the application by tapping on its icon.
- The first time you launch the app, it will ask you to access the phone’s storage and camera.
- You should then see the application login screen. Enter your username and password then cick the login button. If you are connected to the Internet, the application will connect to the server and show you the list of projects you have access to next.